Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to the Netto's Game Room forums! We hope you enjoy your stay!

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't see or use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is fast and easy, and completely free!

Join our community Today!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
The Big Anime Topic; Anime Nerds welcome.
Topic Started: Jul 5 2013, 02:56 PM (4,684 Views)
Forte
Member Avatar
Fruit Ninja
[ *  *  *
I'm sure I'm not the only one out there who likes anime, so how about we talk about it? Why do you like it? What are some of your favorite ones out there? Personally I love just about everything created by Key. Some might call them girly at first glance, but man they are great! The art style, the emotional stories, I love it all! Kanon, Air, Clannad, they are all great.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

NettoSaito
Member Avatar
Reach out to the Truth
[ *  *  *
I'm a fan of Clannad myself; as well as Angel Beats. I actually never got around to watching Air....
Posted Image
Posted Image

Max
Member Avatar
Waddle Dee
[ *
Clannad is definitely one of my favorites,along with Angel Beats. I also enjoyed The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya.

Cheerfuljochan
Member Avatar
Magikarp
[ *  *
I'm actually right now re watching a childhood favorite of mine called Silver fang or as in Japan called: Ginga: Nagareboshi Gin. A classic and very awesome even for today's standards.

NettoSaito
Member Avatar
Reach out to the Truth
[ *  *  *
I love Haruhi also, really looking forward to seeing them continue it (if they ever do)! I mean the way the movie left off they basically sat up the series for another season. Sure, if you want to find out what happens next you could just read the books, but I'd rather watch it. Also @ Cheerful. Silver Fang? I've never heard of it, what is it?
Posted Image
Posted Image

Forte
Member Avatar
Fruit Ninja
[ *  *  *
Endless 8 is what got me. Really hope they don't pull something like that again, but I can forgive them. This time...

Cheerfuljochan
Member Avatar
Magikarp
[ *  *
NettoSaito
Jul 5 2013, 03:40 PM
@ Cheerful. Silver Fang? I've never heard of it, what is it?
You seriously haven't heard of Silver fang? The cult classic from 80's? One of the first anime's that got localised to west and was dubbed even pretty ok? Well here is a synopsis taken straight form my anime list:

"Gin is a silver Tora-ge named after his coat color. Shortly after being born, he watches his father, Riki, get killed by Akakabuto, a bear that terrorizes everything in its path. Being the third-generation of bear-dogs to try to stand up against Akakabuto, he ventures out to find wild dogs to join him in his fight."

http://myanimelist.net/anime.php?id=589

Its old but REALLY good here is the intro of the series (my favorit anime intro song of all time):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=puIGQdTrbtQ

(Yes the text is in swedish).

NettoSaito
Member Avatar
Reach out to the Truth
[ *  *  *
Cheerfuljochan
Jul 5 2013, 03:54 PM
NettoSaito
Jul 5 2013, 03:40 PM
@ Cheerful. Silver Fang? I've never heard of it, what is it?
You seriously haven't heard of Silver fang? The cult classic from 80's? One of the first anime's that got localised to west and was dubbed even pretty ok? Well here is a synopsis taken straight form my anime list:

"Gin is a silver Tora-ge named after his coat color. Shortly after being born, he watches his father, Riki, get killed by Akakabuto, a bear that terrorizes everything in its path. Being the third-generation of bear-dogs to try to stand up against Akakabuto, he ventures out to find wild dogs to join him in his fight."

http://myanimelist.net/anime.php?id=589

Its old but REALLY good here is the intro of the series (my favorit anime intro song of all time):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=puIGQdTrbtQ

(Yes the text is in swedish).
Yeah I've actually never seen that before lol. I feel like I've seen that art style before, but I'm not 100% sure....
Posted Image
Posted Image

GlacialLeaf
Member Avatar
Baby Metroid
[ *  *
Wow, anime?.. I haven't watched anime that much lately, really, but... I remember liking Pretear, Uninhibited Planet Survival, One Piece, Fruit Basket, Zoids... Kimba the White Lion also has some nice episodes... I actually own the DVD set of the forever unfinished 'Phoenix' by Osamu Tezuka, the Black Jack anime shows...
I consider everything by Tezuka great, really. I'm more of a fan of reading manga, though, rather than watching anime. o.o It's quicker, the anime usually decide to change some things, and filler free. o.o

NettoSaito
Member Avatar
Reach out to the Truth
[ *  *  *
I haven't been watching anime as much either, but I still like it. I really need to get around to finishing Aquarion, but other things keep getting in my way. Including other shows!
Posted Image
Posted Image

Forte
Member Avatar
Fruit Ninja
[ *  *  *
There's quite a few I still need to watch. I just don't have the time anymore. Also, what's with Netflix removing so much anime lately?

GlacialLeaf
Member Avatar
Baby Metroid
[ *  *
I don't know... Netflix wouldn't even WORK here... but since I mainly watch Tezuka's works recently, I mainly use Viki.com. They own a few Tezuka anime legally and let you watch them for free, and the translations there are fan-translations put on the site by... well... fans. They can be edited and added to at any times, or could add more languages, too.

NettoSaito
Member Avatar
Reach out to the Truth
[ *  *  *
Actually Youtube would work for you on your Xbox 360; it's just that you'd need a US credit card/debt card to activate it.
Posted Image
Posted Image

Fayt
Member Avatar
Waddle Dee
[ *
I have a friend that would go to town on this topic. (Sorry if you don't know the expression)
He keeps a list and has easily watched over 300 anime. But enough about him.

I am about to start watching the second season of Oreimo which I'm excited about because I really like the first season, recently I've finished Haibane Renme it was a really simple show but it still got to me a little bit.

Some of my favorites are: Neon Genesis Evangelion, Welcome to the N.H.K., Spice and Wolf, Bakemonogatari/Nisemonogatari

Edited by Fayt, Jul 8 2013, 03:16 AM.

NettoSaito
Member Avatar
Reach out to the Truth
[ *  *  *
That sounds a lot like Chaotixshde (who's a member here now but hasn't posted) who went by "Super Shadow" on CN lol. The guy's a crazy anime fan with hundreds on his watch list.

On a side note, Spice and Wolf was awesome. I actually talked GlacialLeaf here into reading the books! (Although it did take him a few years before he got around to it....)
Edited by NettoSaito, Jul 8 2013, 09:12 AM.
Posted Image
Posted Image

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · General Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply

© 2016 Netto's Game Room