Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to the Netto's Game Room forums! We hope you enjoy your stay!

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't see or use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is fast and easy, and completely free!

Join our community Today!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
The Smash Bros Dojo; The Smash Bros Discussion Thread
Topic Started: Jul 12 2013, 12:19 PM (7,604 Views)
Forte
Member Avatar
Fruit Ninja
[ *  *  *
So, who else is excited for Super Smash Bros 4? I know we were discussing it earlier in the Nintendo topic, but I figured this was the sort of game that deserved its own.
Edited by Forte, Jul 12 2013, 12:19 PM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

GlacialLeaf
Member Avatar
Baby Metroid
[ *  *
I sure am! I'm going to pre-order it when I can for the 3DS. ^_^ It really looks awesome. ^_^

SWTerra
Centurion
[ *  *  *
DUH. Of course I'm hyped for SSB4, especially since this is their first-ever attempt to bring the series to a portable system, which is something I've ALWAYS wanted!

I don't know if I'll pre-order it, though, especially after Brawl. I pre-ordered it on its first projected release time-frame, only to impatiently wait two years or something. NOT. WORTH. A. PREORDER.
When your friends and allies fall one by one...
When you feel you have nothing left to chance...
When you're faced with nothing but your inner darkness...
That is when the true fight begins.

Posted Image

(All credit to one Spyral370 for the great art and for allowing me to use it here)

Forte
Member Avatar
Fruit Ninja
[ *  *  *
I wonder if they'll do the Dojo event again where they release an update every night?

SWTerra
Centurion
[ *  *  *
Who knows? I really didn't know about the Dojo until a few years ago though, lol.

Posted Image

(All credit to one Spyral370 for the great art and for allowing me to use it here)

Forte
Member Avatar
Fruit Ninja
[ *  *  *
Oh, that's too bad. I was one of the people who stayed up every night until about 1:30 AM when the update was released. Still remember how excited I was to see Sonic!

SWTerra
Centurion
[ *  *  *
Oh God, those two years I was waiting for Brawl would've never ended if I knew of the Dojo. NEVER.

Posted Image

Forte
Member Avatar
Fruit Ninja
[ *  *  *
It's too bad that some people rushed out and bought Smash Bros only to learn that it wouldn't run in their Wii. I was lucky enough to have a Wii that worked. For awhile at least. I remember the game having a hard time loading at first, but it didn't actually die on me until quite a few years later.

SWTerra
Centurion
[ *  *  *
Problems?...

Explain, because I haven't encountered any.

Posted Image

NettoSaito
Member Avatar
Reach out to the Truth
[ *  *  *
The launch Wii units, as well as the Wii's released during the first year or so were unable to read dual layered discs. Nintendo didn't build them with dual layered in mind, yet Smash Bros Brawl was so huge that they had no other choice. While some consoles simply had loading issues from time to time, other consoles simply could not read them what so ever. During that time, Nintendo offered a deal where you could send your Wii in for repairs and get the disc drive replaced. The problem with this though, even though it was a stronger lense, it couldn't read GCN games.

If you just happened to be one of them people who had a Wii that could read the game, but struggled with it, playing Smash Bros Brawl (as well as other dual layered discs) could slowly damage it and make it not work anyway. It took about 4 years, but that's what happened to my original Wii (which was a second shipment unit).... Nintendo could have fixed it, but they basically said I would lose all of my data. I said "screw that" and decided to hold onto the thing for Netflix, and I went out and bought another.

Now, thanks to the Wii U, I was able to transfer everything off of that Wii into my Wii U lol, so I was finally able to get all my save data back. Really glad I didn't go through with the repairs!
Posted Image
Posted Image

Forte
Member Avatar
Fruit Ninja
[ *  *  *
NettoSaito
Jul 12 2013, 08:16 PM
The launch Wii units, as well as the Wii's released during the first year or so were unable to read dual layered discs. Nintendo didn't build them with dual layered in mind, yet Smash Bros Brawl was so huge that they had no other choice. While some consoles simply had loading issues from time to time, other consoles simply could not read them what so ever. During that time, Nintendo offered a deal where you could send your Wii in for repairs and get the disc drive replaced. The problem with this though, even though it was a stronger lense, it couldn't read GCN games.

If you just happened to be one of them people who had a Wii that could read the game, but struggled with it, playing Smash Bros Brawl (as well as other dual layered discs) could slowly damage it and make it not work anyway. It took about 4 years, but that's what happened to my original Wii (which was a second shipment unit).... Nintendo could have fixed it, but they basically said I would lose all of my data. I said "screw that" and decided to hold onto the thing for Netflix, and I went out and bought another.

Now, thanks to the Wii U, I was able to transfer everything off of that Wii into my Wii U lol, so I was finally able to get all my save data back. Really glad I didn't go through with the repairs!
Yep, what Netto said. Nintendo basically said the best way to avoid damage was to not rapidly switch colors for characters in Brawl. Every time you changed a character's color it reloaded the match which was already in the process of loading. I heard some people were able to kill their disc drive just by mashing the color change button for awhile lol

SWTerra
Centurion
[ *  *  *
Uh, but mine... I think... It's the first set of Wii's... And it plays...GC games? I'm a bit lost right now.

I swear, I've never had a problem with Brawl, and I've mashed the color change a couple of times too. Haha.

Posted Image

Forte
Member Avatar
Fruit Ninja
[ *  *  *
Have you ever put Brawl in and your Wii just stayed on a black screen until you unplugged it? If not, you should be completely fine. Like Netto said, not every Wii had this problem; it was mostly the launch units and the first set of Wiis. Also, yeah the original Wii could play GCN games. It's just that after you sent them in for repairs, the new laser was unable to read them.

SWTerra
Centurion
[ *  *  *
Well, I guess that makes me lucky then.

After my horrible luck with list GC memory for my 100% Sonic Adventure 2 save, I'm glad the Wii gave me something lucky. ^_^

Posted Image

Cheerfuljochan
Member Avatar
Magikarp
[ *  *
Lol I did try to get a Wii on launch day but it sold out really quickly so I had to wait half a year before I could play my Twillight princess but hearing from you guys it sounds like lady luck was on my side the whole time xD

But anyways you guys mentioned about a site that keeps kinda up to date about SSB4 well here it is:

http://www.smashbros.com/us/

Btw I really hope that we get a Golden sun character into this game >.< and Lucina from Fire emblem awakening.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Gamer's Lounge · Next Topic »
Add Reply

© 2016 Netto's Game Room